- pad printing - product decoration guide
Pad Printing - Product Decoration Guide
<< Back to Promotional Resources index
Product Decoration Guide: Pad Printing
- Pad printing is for almost all types of non-porous surfaces including plastic, metal, wood, glass, stress toys and ceramics.
- Suitable for spot colour; commonly machines are capable or up to 4 colours but 5 and 6 colour machines are available. Process colour is possible with a 4 colour machine (CMYK) if the product is white and 5 colours (CMYK + white underlay) on a coloured product.
- Pad Printing can reproduce all tones, or more correctly, screens at extremely fine resolution.
- The biggest concern that faces the pad printer is the selection of the correct ink for the material the item is made of.
- Repeat set ups require similar labour and materials as initial set ups, but without film and plate production, and are charged accordingly.
- Virtually any surface can be pad printed, in spot or process colour with all types of designs. Very fine screen rulings and accurate reproduction of fine details are possible, text can be reproduced so small that a magnifying glass is required to read it.
- Pad printing requires air drying. This can be overnight, or longer.
- Ideally, vector are should be used, from which the production of film and a plate are produced.
(Courtesy of JEM Promotional Products ©2007)
If you have any questions relating to promotional products, please don't hesitate in contacting us. JEM Promotional Products
(02) 8205 1334E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to next Article >>